Welcome to Beverly Hospital’s Center for Advanced Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine in Montebello, CA. We’re dedicated to preventing lower limb loss and optimizing outcomes for patients with chronic, non-healing wounds resulting from illnesses such as diabetes, venous stasis, pressure ulcers, and peripheral vascular disease. The Center specializes in treating patients with limb-threatening conditions, such as diabetic foot ulcers/infections and peripheral arterial disease.
A multi-disciplinary team of physicians, registered nurses, hyperbaric technologists, and nutritionists work together to provide patients with the most effective treatment options to relieve pain, promote healing, and help patients get back on their feet. Your primary care physician remains an integral part of your overall treatment plan.
The Center for Advanced Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine at Beverly Hospital provides care to those suffering from chronic wounds in a way no other provider can – all in one location. It is a coordinated outpatient center that treats patients with non-healing wounds utilizing the latest techniques and procedures. With years of experience and healing rates of over 95%, the staff is proud to be able to assist patients who have difficult-to-heal wounds. A course of treatment may include:
- Vascular testing
- Surgical intervention
- Diabetes education
- Nutritional services
- Education on wound prevention
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- Antibiotic therapy
- Protective footwear
Your course of treatment depends on what type of wound you have. During your first visit, our staff will evaluate your wound and review your medical history. You may also need special tests that give us information about circulation to the wound. This will help to determine what course of treatment you will need.
Once a treatment plan has been prescribed, you will visit the wound healing center weekly or bi-weekly for specialized treatments and documentation of your healing progress. Keeping appointments and following directions are critical to attaining a positive healing outcome. Some things you can do to assist with your healing:
- Care for your wound at home as directed by the wound care team
- Take medications as directed
- Return for your follow-up appointments
- Keep regular appointments with your primary care physician while you are receiving wound care treatment
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a simple, non-invasive and painless way of delivering high doses of oxygen to the body. Patients breathe 100% oxygen while in a pressurized state. The oxygen is then dissolved into the blood and diffused into the tissue and fluids of the body, contributing to the healing process.
- Stimulates growth of new blood vessels
- Reduces swelling
- Increases oxygen delivery to tissues
- Effective at fighting certain types of infections
Conditions treated with hyperbaric oxygen:
- Osteomyelitis (infection of the bone)
- Diabetic wound of the lower extremity
- Radiation tissue or bone damage
- Compromised skin grafts or flaps
Time is of the essence when trying to save your limb. Any time you have a sore or wound on your lower extremity that concerns you, talk to your physician or contact our Center for Advanced Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine in Montebello, CA for an evaluation.
Call our center at (323) 725-5066 for an appointment right away if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- A foot or leg ulcer that is red and/or swollen
- An ulcer or skin surrounding an ulcer that has turned black
- A leg or foot ulcer and you have had a previous major or minor lower limb amputation
- You have been told you might need an amputation of a toe, foot, or lower leg
If you have any of the above symptoms and develop a fever or flu-like symptoms, you should go to the emergency room and then contact our center for a follow-up appointment.
For referral information, please contact the Center for Advanced Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine at (323) 725-5066.